Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS JOURNALING?
Writing stuff down! Find a place to be still, reflect and record something meaningful. WRITING is a powerful way to quiet your mind and capture your thoughts in an organized, actionable form. The key is not to censor or judge yourself--just write about your insights when you are done riding or at home that evening.
HOW LONG SHOULD I JOURNAL FOR?
You may think you do not have time to journal, but even on the days when you are in a rush, you can write five lines of information after your ride. Find the routine that works for you - maybe journal as part of your untacking routine. Take the time and I promise you that your horse will thank you for paying attention.
WHAT SHOULD I WRITE?
Our journals guide you with insightful prompts, which takes the guesswork out of it. We recommend that you start with how you FELT in the highlights of your ride. When you look back, having perspective on the feelings you created will help you return to that place. We are familiar with the physical warm up part of a lesson, but we encourage you to read your previous entries to MENTALLY warm up and prepare to recreate the parts of your session that really worked well.
WHY SHOULD I JOURNAL?
Journaling is a means for recording personal thoughts, daily experiences, and evolving insights. According to the American Psychological Association, a regular habit of writing helps reduce intrusive mental blocks, improving working memory, and allowing you to use all of your brainpower to better comprehend critical elements of information. Add the advantage of reading earlier reflections and subtle themes can develop into powerful insights. In addition to all of these wonderful benefits, keeping a journal specifically about your horse allows you to track behavior patterns, techniques that work, and improvement over time.
- Research shows that 90 days is the ideal time frame to focus on a goal.
- We went a step further to include 4 monthly pages so you can start anytime and 65 days to allow for 2 days a week of rest.
- Long enough to make meaningful progress.
- Short enough to stay focused and plan out concrete action steps.
- We are constantly changing, and so are our goals.
WHY IS IT A 3 MONTH FORMAT?
- No other journal guides riders of any level or discipline with 3 helpful perspectives. The Equestrian Journal is a unique monthly, weekly and daily framework with inspiring quotes, diagrams, and guided prompts to help your pen start moving!
- The layout provides engaging questions that help you get the most out of your rides and your journaling experience. No blank notebook pages here!
- We offer journaling coaching sessions to help get you started and keep you on track.
- There are many different journal products available according to your specific needs.
WHAT MAKES THE EQUESTRIAN JOURNAL UNIQUE?
- We offer one-on-one journaling coaching to help support you and reach your journaling goals. You can find out more here.
- Every journal purchase comes with a downloadable guide to get you started quickly and easily.
WHAT IF I NEED HELP GETTING STARTED?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SHIP DOMESTIC ORDERS?
3-5 Business Days. You will receive a tracking number to follow your order.
DO YOU OFFER INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING?
Yes, we ship internationally to all countries.
HOW LONG DOES INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING TAKE?
It depends on the destination. You will receive a tracking number to follow your order.
DO YOU ACCEPT RETURNS?
Yes, we accept returns. The Equestrian Journal offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you would like to return the product, please make a copy of the enclosed packing slip and return that copy with the product to Vervante Returns, 400 North Geneva Road, STE C, Lindon, UT 84042. When we receive your return, we will contact you via email.